- A/B test: With Frankie vs No Frankie
- Shopify Plus Fashion and Apparel store
- Customer base: 46% Nth America, 32% Europe, 22% Other
- A/B test ran for more than 30 days
- 32,000 visitors; 1,300 orders; 2,300 items; $61,000 sales USD
- 12.4% lift in revenue
- 13.8% increase in items ordered
- 14.2% increase in total orders
- Statistically significant outcome
This case study details a study of the benefits of Frankie under strict A/B test conditions on a Shopifyplus store. Shopifyplus stores are representative of the premium performing stores on Shopify. Frankie is found to significantly boost sales with statistically significant results.
Frankie is a personalized recommendation platform for Ecommerce. Currently available on Shopifyplus and Shopify, Frankie provides personalized recommendation options for each stage of the shopping journey and the most popular store pages - ensuring your shoppers are always served the most relevant recommendations possible. Frankie utilizes advanced Enterprise grade artificial intelligence (A.I.) to generate personalized recommendations that understand both the shoppers intent and their personal tastes. Frankie's A.I. is developed by Hiplee.ai and incorporates the latest techniques in visual A.I. optimized for Ecommerce.
A/B Test Design
What we did
- Activated Frankie on a Shopify Store
- variation A: with Frankie
- variation B: no Frankie
- Frankie modules on the following store pages: Home, Collections, Product, Cart and 404
- Test covered 32,000 visitors
- Transactions: 1,300 orders; 2,300 items; $61,000 sales (USD)
A/B Test Design
Sales distributed across store pages
Sales attributable to recommendations were well distributed across store pages. This result indicates the value in a recommendation platform that provides different recommendation options for each store page and stage of the shopper journey.
Total Orders Up
Frankie increased the total number of orders by 14.2%, (refer graph below). Indicating that Frankie's personalized recommendations assist shoppers to reach the final stage of the buying process and successfully checkout after finding what they're looking for.
Total Items Up
With Frankie led to a 13.8% increase in the number of items ordered during the A/B trial, (refer graph below). This result indicates Frankie's positive impact for Retailers - they end up selling an increased numbers of items to the same number of shoppers who visit their store.
Total Sales Up
With Frankie led to a 12.4% increase in total sales during the A/B trial, (refer graph below). This result indicates Frankie's positive impact on store revenue.